"Transient Seller of Home Repair Services" means a home repair seller who engages in the business of door-to-door solicitations or sales of home repair services who does not have, at the time of the solicitation or contract, a permanent place of business in the municipality in which the door-to-door solicitation or sale occurs.
A Door-to-Door Home Repair Seller must be licensed by the department before engaging in the door-to-door sales of home repair services in order to fix, replace, alter, convert, modernize, improve or make an addition to real property that is primarily designed or used as a residence.
How to apply
- License Fee $30
- State Police Criminal Background Check ("SBI") fee of $21
- Please make your check payable to "Maine State Treasurer."
- Annual April 30th
- Check or Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF)
- Completed Application
- Annual renewal fee is $30
- Renews annually on April 30th
- Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
- Check or Credit Card Authorization
- Completed Renewal Application
- A Late Fee of $50 is assessed for licenses renewed within 90 days following the expiration date. Thereafter, a new application is required.
- It is the licensee's responsibility to inform this Office of any change of address and to apply for renewal of the license.