I currently hold a trainee license. Will I be required to have a Bachelor's degree to upgrade my license to certified general real property appraise?
Yes, the current AQB criteria requires a bachelors degree to upgrade to the certified general appraiser level.
I don’t have a Bachelor's degree, are there any exceptions to the degree requirement?
If I have a degree, do I have to take the core curriculum appraiser courses as well?
Yes. The core curriculum courses for the certified general appraiser license is as follows:
- 30 hours basic appraisal principles
- 30 hours basic appraisal procedures
- 15 hours the 15-hour national USPAP course or its equivalent
- 30 hours general appraiser market analysis and highest and best use
- 15 hours statistics, modeling and finance
30 hours general appraiser sales comparison approach
- 30 hours general appraiser site valuation and cost approach
- 60 hours general appraiser income approach
- 30 hours general appraiser report writing and case studies
- appraisal subject matter electives
30 hours (may include hours over minimum shown above in other modules)
- 300 hours
Click here to see a list of approved education providers. Once at the Appraisal Foundation web site, click on the "Resources" tab.
Is my application confidential?
No. With the exception of Social Security Number, all application information is public. Contact information provided to the Board is posted on our website.