Custom-Made Chinese Herbal Certification means the practice of formulation and dispensing of custom-made Chinese herbal formulations. “Formulation” means the preparation of traditional combinations of herbs to produce formulas from Chinese herbal literature, the modification of such traditional combinations or the writing of new formulas to address individual symptom presentations, through addition, deletion, substitution or change in dosages of ingredients and the dispensing of these herbal preparations to patients. The practice of Custom-Made Chinese Herbology Certification is pursuant to section 12513-A.
How to apply
- License fee $35.00
- Criminal background check fee $21.00
Annual renewal on October 31
- Appropriate fee must be made payable to the Maine State Treasurer or if paying by credit card complete the credit card authorization form.
Maine Licensed Acupuncturist and have met the requirements of 32MRS §12513-A and Chapter 3-A Section 1 of the Boards rules.
- Application and required fee; and
- Official copy of the NCCAOM Certification indicating certification in Oriental medicine or Chinese Herbology;
- Proof of a Master's degree or Master's level professional program in Oriental medicine (See Chapter 3-A, Section 1(B));
- Proof of completion of a herb certificate training program (See Chapter 3-A, Section 1(C)) that consists of a minimum of 450 hours of combined didactic instruction in herbs and herbal clinical training; and Statements of eight (8) years experience from two licensees, two colleagues or three patients.
See Board Laws and Rules for full requirements
Annual renewal fee is $50
This license renews annually on October 31.
Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
- A late fee of $50 is assessed for licenses renewed after the license expiration date.
- A person who submits an application for renewal more than 90 days after license expiration date is subject to all requirements governing new applicants.
- Renewal reminders are emailed to the email address on file at least 30 days prior to the license expiration date. It is the licensee's responsibility to keep the Board informed of current contact information and to see that the license is renewed absent the renewal application. Reminder includes licensee’s access code which, along with license number, is required for online renewal.
- CONTINUING Education - No additional continuing education required for this certification.