A Boiler Inspector is a person employed by an insurance company authorized to insure against loss from explosion of boilers or pressure vessels in this State who inspects high pressure and low-pressure boilers and pressure vessels.
How to apply
- License fee of $50.00
- Criminal background check fee of $21.00
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors Commission Card;
- Submit written proof that the applicant is employed by the state regulatory body having jurisdiction over boilers and pressure vessels or an insurance company licensed to insure boilers or pressure vessels in this State; and
- Obtain a grade of at least 80% on a Maine-specific examination administered by the Board.
Renewal fees and information
Annual renewal fee of $50.00
This license is renewed annually based on first licensure date
Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
- A late fee of $50.00 is assessed for licenses renewed up to 90 days after the license expiration date.
- Any person who submits an application for renewal more than 90 days after the expiration date but not more than 2 years may reinstate by paying the $50 license fee and $100 penalty fee.
Reinstatement application (PDF)
- Any person who submits an application for renewal more than 2 years after the expiration date shall be subject to all requirements governing new applicants.