MEMA administers Homeland Security Grants in Maine. Since 1999, more than $100 million has been distributed to enhance homeland security and all-hazard preparedness across the State.
Grant priorities have been established in concert with Maine's Homeland Security Strategy.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/FEMA awards Homeland Security Grant Funds annually to the States. Maine allocates grant dollars to the sixteen counties and six metros. The identified subrecipients determine the homeland security funding priorities for the year. For more information, contact your County EMA Director.
State Homeland Security Program (SHSP)
Note: If downloading forms, please utilize Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or other browser options.
SHSP FY 2022 Application, Guidance and other Information
SHSP FY 2021 Application, Guidance and other Information
MEMA Grant Portal
Other Grant Forms
- Reimbursement Request Form: (xls format)
- Use this reimbursement worksheet for HSGP and Stonegarden grants.
- Grant Contract Modification Form: (Grant Contract Modification Form (PDF) format)
- Use this document to request to modify approved projects or reallocate funds for HSGP.
- HSGP Closeout Report: (xls format)
- Use this form to closeout.
Other Guidance/Reference Information
For more information about Maine's Homeland Security grant programs, please contact us.