Groundfish (Multispecies) in the Northeast Atlantic
The Northeast multispecies fishery is managed by the New England Fishery Management Council (NEFMC) and the federal NOAA Fisheries Service (NMFS).
The species managed under this plan include: American Plaice, Atlantic Cod, Atlantic Halibut, Atlantic Wolffish, Haddock, Ocean Pout, Pollock, Redfish, White Hake, Windowpane Flounder, Winter Flounder, Witch Flounder, and Yellowtail Flounder. See the DMR species information page for pictures and more information.
See these federal links for more information:
- NEFMC and Atlantic States (ASMFC) meeting schedules
- News from NMFS:
- Fishwatch (U.S. seafood facts for many species)
- New England Fishery Management Council (NEFMC)
- NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
- Northeast Multispecies Fishery Management
More information from the Maine DMR:
- Inshore Trawl Survey
- Landings Data and Reporting
- Atlantic Halibut
- Cod Tagging Program c/o Gulf of Maine Research Institute
- Maine's Groundfish Permit Bank
- Recreational Fishing Information
- Contact Meredith Mendelson (resource coordinator and permit bank) or Rebecca Peters (DMR biologist) for more information.