Earth Day! 4/22/2019
Celebrate Earth Day by visting a park, helping out at the 4/25 clean-up, or getting outside in your own neighborhood or yard.
- 4/25 - Earth Week Clean-up at Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park
- Earth Day Proclamation by Governor Mills (PDF 182KB)
Work in a Beautiful Location!
Seasonal positions, including lifeguards, park rangers, and park booth attendants are now open. Learn more:
- Lifeguard brochure (PDF 553KB)
- Seasonal Jobs brochure (PDF 497KB)
- Application and official postings.
2019 Summer Camping Season Reservations
- Family Camping Reservations through the Call Center and Online.
- Group Camping Reservations; call the park directly.
- Group Picnic Areas: Sites and Shelters; call the park directly.
Parks & Historic Sites: Days & Hours
Parks may be visited year-round, from 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise posted. Fees are collected at the booth by staff or through self-service stations.
For current status:
Please call the park or historic site directly.
Park Amenities, such as water, restrooms and buildings, are shut down for the winter season as dictated by weather. Primitive toilets may be available at some locations.
Parking - Most parks and historic sites are not plowed during the winter due to seasonal staffing. A few parks are only plowed when the manager is on duty.
Drone, Unmanned Aircraft (UAS) Policy
The general use of drones (UAS) is prohibited in Maine State Parks, Historic Sites, or DACF Boat Launches without direct oversight and guidance of an approved law enforcement agency or by the issue of a Special Activity Permit.
commemorating 200 years of statehood
Share your opinion about maine's outdoors
Parks and Lands Newsletter
Maine Conservation Corps (MCC)
Purchase a Loon/Conservation License Plate from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles online or at your town office.