Camping at Maine State Parks and Public Lands
For one Family¹ OR groups of 6 or fewer people. Campground Fees
2021 Camping Reservations Call Center Closed for the season on Friday, September 10.
- Beginning Monday, September 13, all campsites are first-come/first-serve.
- You can continue to camp through October 15 at most park campgrounds: Off-season & Winter Camping Information.
- View all State Park Family Camping campground maps.
2022 Season Information
- Sebago Lake State Park – Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 9:00 AM, EST (storm date if Maine State Government is closed – Wednesday, February 2, 2022)
- All parks - Friday, February 4, 2022, at 9:00 AM, EST (storm date if Maine State Government is closed – Monday, February 7, 2022)
¹A Family = Parents & all their unmarried children age 18 years and younger.
For groups of 7 or more people; GROUP RESERVATIONS must be made by contacting each park - see link below.
Group Camping Reservations begin on:
- 2/1/2022 at 9:00 AM EST (storm date if Maine State Government is closed – Tuesday, February 2, 2022) Group Camping Reservation Phone Numbers and details.
- Group Shelter Reservations also being on 2/1/2022 at 9:00 AM EST. Group Shelter Reservation Phone Numbers and details.
For those who want to camp off the beaten path.
For those who are self sufficient and want to test their skills.