Maine Snowmobile Program
What we do:
- Establish and manage trail systems:
- Over 14,000 miles of interconnected trails statewide
- More than 310 miles of multi-use rail trails
- Serve as a liaison to snowmobile clubs, municipalities, and private landowners
- Provide trail map information
- Provide grants to clubs and municipalities
- Provide trail signs and signage guidelines
- Trail grooming guidelines and training
Most of the thousands of miles of snowmobile trails located throughout Maine are on private land and are maintained by local clubs. Cooperative agreements between private landowners, Snowmobile clubs, and the Bureau's Snowmobile Program are key to the success of the trail system.
It is important to note that without the use of private land, most trails wouldn't exist and your ability to ride is a privilege that is granted to you by the landowner. Please respect their wishes and their land as if it were your own.
- Trail Conditions - Maine Snowmobile Association
- Snowmobile Trail Fund Sticker - available now at IF&W online store.
- Snowmobile Program
Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0022
Fax: (207) 287-8111
TTY: Maine Relay 711
Email: Snowmobile Coordinator