Recorded Professional Learning
Below and to the right-hand side are recent professional development opportunites that have been recorded and made available for on-demand viewing as well as resources to support high-quality programming.
- Public Pre-K Technical Assistance Series
April 11, 2022: Pre-K Application in Accordance With Ch. 124 and the Pre-K Guidebook Review & Reflect
April 25, 2022: Community Needs/Recruitment/Enrollment/Transitions
May 9, 2022: Partnering with Community Providers exploring MoUs & CC licensing
May 23, 2022: CDS Relationships/Coordination/Screening
June 13, 2022: Curriculum and Assessment Choices
June 27, 2022: High-Quality Classroom Environments & Materials
July 11, 2022: Early Childhood Development Teacher Training and MELDS
July 25, 2022: Family Engagement Strategies
- NAEYC Week of the Young Child 2022
A fun-filled week celebrating early learning, young children,
their teachers, families, and communities.
Family Friday Additional Resources
- Request for Applications (RFA) #202107114 Public Pre-K Expansion
The informational meeting was held on October 7, 2021 from 3-4:30pm. This meeting was recorded and is now available for viewing.
Those wishing to access the recording can do so here. The runtime is one hour, twenty-eight minutes.
The RFA is housed on the Division of Procurement Services website.
- Answers to frequently asked questions will be posted here no later than 10/21/2021.
- Any amendments made to the RFA will be posted here no later than 10/28/2021.
- Applications are due no later than 11/4/2021 at 11:59pm local time.
- Additional details and instructions can be found within the RFA itself.
A direct link to the RFA is here.
- Working with Community Partners to Provide State-Funded Pre-K
This 3-part series will look at the benefits, barriers and how-tos of developing a formal public Pre-K partnership.
Session 1 of 3: An Overview of High-Quality School and Community Partnerships
Session 2 of 3: Panelist Contributions
Session 3 of 3: Where to Begin
- Unpacking the Pre-K Guidebook
This 7-part series will look at each section of the newly released Guide to High-Quality Publicly-Funded Preschool.
Session 1 of 7: Standards & Program Structure
Session 2 of 7: Student Support
Session 3 of 7: Collaborations and Partnerships
Session 4 of 7: Pre K Budgets
Session 5 of 7: Family Engagement
Session 6 of 7: Transitions into Pre-K and Kindergarten
Session 7 of 7: Technical Assitcance (TA)
- Head Start Resources
- State Entity Resources
Maine Home Visiting Programs
- National Entity Resources
- General Resources
Early Childhood Specialist
Maine Department of Education