Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
Print a License
Resident Renewals must be processed manually. Please wait to receive your renewal invoice in the mail and follow the instructions on the invoice. Invoices are mailed 6-8 weeks prior to the renewal due date. Maine individual resident consultant licenses are renewed automatically by our office the first business day following the Continuing Education (CE) due date, as long as all CE Requirements have been met and the renewal payment has been submitted. The Resident Consultant renewal fee is $50; Non-Resident Consultant renewals can be done via www.nipr.com or by paper invoice and the fee is $100.
- Continuing Education Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education Provider and Course Search
- Continuing Education Requirements
- Continuing Education Waivers or Deferments for Active Duty Military Personnel
- Training requirements for Producers/Brokers to sell products on the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace
- Fee Schedule
- Authorization of Credit Card Payment (PDF) or Authorization of Credit Card Payment (DOC)
Forms to Update Information
- Address Change
- Name Change form (PDF) or Name Change form (DOC)
- Duplicate License Request Form
- Voluntary Termination of Individual License/Authority (PDF) or Voluntary Termination of Individual License/Authority (DOC)
Statutory & Compliance Requirements
- Title 24-A §1402(4) - Consultant Definition
- Title 24-A §1465 - A licensee may not act in any further capacity for which a license is required without having first entered into a written contract with a client. The contract must include, without limitation, the amount and basis of any consulting fee and the duration of employment and must be in a form approved by the superintendent.
- Life and Health Agreement Form (PDF) or Life and Health Agreement Form (DOC)
- Property and Casualty Agreement Form (PDF) or Property and Casualty Agreement Form (DOC)
The documents on this page are also available in hard copy by contacting the Bureau.