Maine Safe Schools Initiative
- Asynchronous self-paced badges
- Badges offered through Eastern Maine Community College
- Each cohort has 6 weeks to finish the program
- Program completion takes approximately 20-25 hours
- Become a leader in your school
- Network with appropriate stakeholders
- Be informed to guide a safety team
- Know which questions to ask and how to find answers
- Earn contact hours and digital badges
For more information, visit the MSSC Initiative page here
** New cohorts start at the beginning of each month**
Interested in the School Safety Specialist Program? Fill out this form to be notified for the next cohort.
Upcoming MSSC Training
Interested in the Behavioral Threat Assessment Management tool CSTAG training for your school?
Contact Dr. Karen Barnes
No Cost Bomb Threat Assessment for Decision Makers Virtual Training
Participants can visit Office for Bombing Prevention (dhs.gov) to register for this and additional trainings.
Check in with the REMS TA website here for webinars, online trainings, and more!
- Undeletable Conference October 21-22, 2022
- Homeland Security Grant Overview 03.22.2022
- Food Insecurity, School Climate and Planning Considerations 03.15.2022
- It Can't Happen Here! 4.30.2021
- DOE MSSC Truancy Forum 12.16.2020
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting 05.14.2020
- Child Sex Trafficking 06.05.2020
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children: Dynamics and Approach 06.12.2020
- Children’s Advocacy Center Response to Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children 06.18.2020
- Threat Assessment with USSS Watson 01.29.2021
Wendy Robichaud, Ed.D.
School Safety Training Coordinator.