A vibrant and respected educator workforce that innovates, leads, and inspires.
Learning environments that are safe and supportive for all.
A pathway to success in school and in life for every student.
Schools that are trusted centers of the community that foster meaningful civic participation and propel Maine’s economy.
Schools that foster the potential for all to lead purposeful lives.
To promote the best learning opportunities for all Maine students by:
Focusing on a whole student approach.
Providing information, guidance, professional learning, and support to schools and educators.
Providing adequate and equitable school funding and resources.
Inspiring trust in our schools.
- Inspire TRUST in our organization, and in our public education system
- Develop, support, and sustain a robust EDUCATOR WORKFORCE
- Promote EDUCATION, EXCELLENCE, and EQUITY for all Maine learners
- Ensure STUDENT and SCHOOL SAFETY, HEALTH, and WELLBEING
- Support a CULTURE OF INNOVATION and CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Build HEALTHY and COLLABORATIVE work environment, ENHANCING the potential of the Maine DOE.