If you have questions regarding the Culinary Classroom, please contact a member of the Child Nutrition staff.
Recipes, Tips & Ideas from the Culinary Classroom
Looking for some new recipe ideas? Want to make things in your kitchen more efficient?
Check out the videos and recipes that come straight from the Child Nutrition Culinary Classroom.
Will you be coming to the Culinary Classroom? Please read the information below.
Classroom Dress Code
All participants and presenters participating in training events held in the Culinary Classroom will be required to follow our dress code. The following standards must be met:
- A hat or hairnet is required. Other head coverings with prior approval may be allowed. Visors are not allowed.
- Beard restraint, if applicable
- Closed-toe/back shoes
- Long pants, no leggings
- Short or long sleeve shirts only
- A plain wedding band is the only jewelry allowed
- Nails must be clean and trimmed. Nail polish and artificial nails will not be allowed.
We ask that the following order be adhered to for those who wish to participate:
- Cooks and Prep Cooks
- Directors and Managers who work or assist in the kitchen
- Non-production staff
To participate in our culinary training, participants must sign a Participation Agreement before the training. Please read, sign, and email the completed form to Paula Nadeau at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of inclement weather, a decision will be made by noon the day before the training as to whether or not the training will take place.
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) (13:00)
Instructional Videos - Fruit Preparation, Vegetable Preparation, Recipes, Time Management and Food Safety