The Division of Correctional Programming and Services is committed to serving the State of Maine by ensuring residents—from the recently incarcerated to the long-term committed—leave our facilities with the skills, treatment, and education needed to succeed after their period of incarceration.
To ensure effectiveness we monitor programming by:
- Regularly reporting on key performance measure outcomes.
- Ensuring programming and treatment services are evidence-based and adhere to national best practices.
- Making quality, appropriate programming accessible to appropriate residents.
- Monitoring programs and program delivery for fidelity.
- Training, coaching, and mentoring staff to enhance their proficiency in delivering programs and services.
- Using current technology for program delivery.