Hiring military Veterans is a priority for the Maine Department of Corrections. We understand that we have a debt to those individuals who served our country and that we have a duty to help you transition back into civilian life. The best way that we can help Veterans is to offer an opportunity for meaningful employment, where the skills you've learned are valued and will lay the foundation for a stable, rewarding career, that helps make for safer Maine communities.
Hiring Heroes: Why Veterans should consider MDOC:
- Guaranteed interview when meeting the minimum job qualifications.
- Maine doesn't tax your retirement pension!
- We value Veterans' experience, integrity, leadership, skills and abilities.
- Work with other Veterans in uniformed and non-uniformed status.
- We offer mission-driven public service, teamwork, and camaraderie.
- Be a supportive role model to incarcerated Veterans and civilians.
- Active in the National Guard? MDOC offers 17 days paid military leave.
Maine Department of Corrections is a proud sponsor of the annual Maine Hire-A-Vet Campaign. Connect with a Veterans Representative at a Maine Department of Labor CareerCenter for career-search assistance. Veterans and eligible spouses are given priority of service for the receipt of employment, training and placement services provided under most Maine Department of Labor-funded programs.