- On this page:
- New! Checklist of Maine Spiders (PDF | 1.3 MB)
- NEW for 2020! The Woods in Your Backyard - Second Edition
- What Will My Woods Look Like? Before and After Timber Harvesting
- The Forestry Rules of Maine 2017: A Practical Guide for Foresters, Loggers and Woodlot Owners - 2nd Edition (PDF | 13.5 MB)
- Best Management Practices for Forestry: Protecting Maine's Water Quality
- Forest Trees of Maine Centennial Edition - 1908 to 2008
These reports were recently published by the Maine Forest Service
2019 Silvicultural Activities Report (385 KB) Published: June 24, 2021
2019 Wood processor Report (380 KB) Published: Updated June 16, 2021
2019 Stumpage Price Report (888 KB) Published: January 27, 2021
These reports contain information on the annual harvesting activities by landowner type and size.
2019 Silvicultural Activities Report (June 24, 2021)
These reports contain the annual stumpage prices landowners received by county, product, and species.
2019 Stumpage Price Report (January 27, 2021)
These reports contain the annual wood volumes received by wood processors summarize by county, product, and species.
2019 Wood processor Report (Updated June 16, 2021)
This seasonal newsletter provides timely information about insects and diseases affecting Maine's forest and shade trees. Several issues are produced each growing season with the first issue usually appearing in mid- to late-April and the last in late- summer.
This is the Project Canopy Bulletin.
Weekly newsletter to inform landowners and other interested parties about forest related events and news. Usually sent out on Tuesdays.