- On this page:
- New! Checklist of Maine Spiders (PDF)
- NEW for 2020! The Woods in Your Backyard - Second Edition
- What Will My Woods Look Like? Before and After Timber Harvesting
- The Forestry Rules of Maine 2017: A Practical Guide for Foresters, Loggers and Woodlot Owners - 2nd Edition
- Best Management Practices for Forestry: Protecting Maine's Water Quality
- Forest Trees of Maine Centennial Edition - 1908 to 2008
These reports were recently published by the Maine Forest Service
Maine Register of Big Trees - 2020 (1.9 MB) Published: September 2020
2018 Silvicultural Activities Report (297 KB) Published: February 20, 2020
These reports contain information on the annual harvesting activities by landowner type and size.
2018 Silvicultural Activities Report (February 20, 2020)
These reports contain the annual stumpage prices landowners received by county, product, and species.
2018 Stumpage Price Report (December 19, 2019)
These reports contain the annual wood volumes received by wood processors summarize by county, product, and species.
2018 Wood processor Report (December 2, 2019)
This seasonal newsletter provides timely information about insects and diseases affecting Maine's forest and shade trees. Several issues are produced each growing season with the first issue usually appearing in mid- to late-April and the last in late- summer.
This is the Project Canopy Bulletin.
Weekly newsletter to inform landowners and other interested parties about forest related events and news. Usually sent out on Tuesdays.