Invasive Plant Management Program
Attention Woodland Owners and Natural Resource Professionals:
- PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN TO LANDOWNERS WITH PARCELS OF AT LEAST 10 WOODED ACRES.
- Invasive plants choke out native trees, shrubs, and wildflowers, and harm wildlife habitat in your woods!
This Program Will Provide Landowners (public or private ownerships 10 to 10,000 acres) with:
- A list of trained professionals available for contracting to assess your property and prepare an Invasive Plant Control Practice Plan (IPCPP). Landowners must agree to services with a natural resources professional from the approved list, and complete a Practice Plan Application. The Maine Forest Service will reimburse up to half of the cost of preparing the Invasive Plant Control Practice plan.
- Landowners with an approved IPCPP will be eligible to apply for treatment of invasive plants on their property.
- Contact the Maine Forest Service by email or by phone at 207.287.2791
Bureau of Pesticide Control licensed applicators opt-in invasive plant control treatment providers list:
Maine Natural Areas Program non-herbicide or herbicide-plus plant control treatment providers list:
Foresters and Other Natural Resources Professionals:
Photos courtesy of the Maine Natural Areas Program