Maine Adaptive BMP Cooperative (ABC)
The Adaptive BMP Cooperative (ABC) exists to establish an integrated framework of endorsed educational programs that provide forest practitioners a documented path toward professional expertise for their unique responsibilities.
- Establish a clear progression of educational topics and materials for specific disciplines
- Formalize new and existing educational programs for forest practitioners through accreditation
- Assure program consistency in messaging and quality of delivery
- Identify gaps in subject matter that may arise
- Recruit or develop new programming when necessary
- Recognize loggers and foresters who have participated in training
Why is High Quality and Consistent BMP Training Important to Maine’s Forest Products Industry?
- To protect Maine’s water and fisheries resources.
- To meet the requirements of the federal Clean Water Act.
- To increase compliance with Maine’s forestry and environmental regulations.
- To improve job site efficiency and safety in forestry operations.
- To reduce the time and expense of training for Maine’s forest products industry.