The Maine Bureau of Insurance provides on this page all of the information necessary to license a Reinsurance Intermediary broker or manager. Contact Us if you have questions or are unable to find what you are looking for.
- Reinsurance Intermediaries Definitions (PDF)
- Reinsurance Intermediary Broker and/or Reinsurance Intermediary Manager Licensing Checklist (PDF)
- License Application for Reinsurance Intermediary Broker and Reinsurance Intermediary Manager (DOCX)
- Reinsurance Intermediary Broker Statutory Contract Requirements (PDF)
- Reinsurance Intermediary Manager Statutory Contract Requirements (PDF)
Corporate Authorization to do Business in Maine
NOTE: Foreign Corporations, Foreign Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, or Limited Liability Partnerships (Title 31 §852) may also be required to apply to the Maine Secretary of State for authority to do business in Maine. See Secretary of State website for additional information. http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/corp.
- Company Renewal Dates and Fees (PDF)
- Fee Schedule - (Scroll to Item 21)
- Authorization of Credit Card Payment (DOCX)
Service of Process
Update License Information
Requesting Confidential Treatment of Documents
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A. Chapter 9 - Subchapter IV §741 - §754 (Reinsurance Intermediaries)
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A. Chapter 9 - Subchapter IV §747 (Manager Required Contract Provisions)
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A. Chapter 9 - Subchapter IV §748 (Managers Books, Records and Powers)
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A. Chapter 9 - Subchapter IV §744 (Broker Required Contract Provisions)
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A. Chapter 9 - Subchapter IV §745 (Brokers Books and Records)
The documents on this page are also available in hard copy by contacting the Bureau.