For resources and information on the State of Maine COVID-19 response, please visit coronavirus.maine.gov.
COVID-19 Coverage for Uninsured Individuals and Emergency MaineCare
Can I get COVID-19 test if I don't have health insurance?
COVID-19 testing coverage allows testing and diagnosis of COVID-19 for people who do not have other health insurance.
- COVID-19 Coverage for Uninsured Individuals (PDF) - May 12, 2021
- COVID-19 Coverage for Uninsured Invididuals (PDF) is translated into several languages:
Does Emergency MaineCare Cover COVID-19 tests or treatment?
Emergency MaineCare covers COVID-19 testing and treatment.
- Emergency MaineCare Coverage and COVID-19 Services - May 20, 2020
- Emergency MaineCare Coverage and COVID-19 Services (PDF) is translated into several languages:
Information for MaineCare Members
COVID-19 Vaccine, Booster Shot, Testing, and Treatment Information
What is covered?
- MaineCare members who are tested for COVID-19 will not be charged for a test, at the pharmacy or for an at-home test. See the COVID-19 At-Home Test Kits are Covered at No Cost to MaineCare Members (PDF) - December 22, 2021
- MaineCare members will not be charged for Monoclonal Antibody Treatment if you are eligible for it. For more information about this treatment, see the Monoclonal Treatment for COVID-19 Questions and Answers (PDF) - November 19, 2021
- MaineCare members will not be charged for a COVID-19 vaccination or booster. See the documents below for more information.
- Getting Vaccinated for COVID-19 Fact Sheet (PDF) - Updated August 4, 2022
- Getting Vaccinated for COVID-19 (PDF) is translated into several languages:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Youth Ages 6 Months+ (PDF) - Updated August 4, 2022
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Youth Ages 5+ (PDF) is translated into several languages:
- Five Reasons to Vaccinate (PDF) - November 10, 2021
COVID-19 Booster Shot for Age 12 and Over Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) - January 10, 2022
Transportation to COVID-19 Services
Is there help with transportation to get a COVID-19 vaccine or booster?
- Transportation and COVID-19 Questions and Answers (PDF) - Updated July 15, 2022
Getting Services and Treatment
What is different than before COVID-19?
- You may be able to see your provider from your own home. Visit our Telehealth webpage.
- We have made several changes, see the MaineCare Changes to Improve Members' Access to Healthcare Services (PDF) for ways we have tried to make sure you receive the services you need. - April 6, 2020
- For information about how we have tried to make getting your medications easier for you during the pandemic, see the MaineCare's Pharmacy Services and Coronavirus: Questions and Answers (PDF). - March 23, 2020
Information for MaineCare Providers
If you are not already subscribed to MaineCare's e-message service, please sign up here to receive important messages related to COVID-19. If you have questions about COVID-19 and MaineCare? Contact us through our COVID-19 email box. Provider-specific guidance is available on the federal CDC's Information for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
- Alternate Settings Guidance (PDF) - Updated May 12, 2022
- Retainer Payment Guidance and Attestation Form (PDF) - Updated May 12, 2022
- Retainer Payment Examples (PDF) - August 30, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage Update (PDF) - June 30, 2022
- Provider Guidance for Uninsured Individuals (PDF) - Updated March 23, 2022
- Standing Order for COVID-19 Lab Testing (PDF) - Updated June 29, 2021
- MaineCare and DOE Back to School Guidance (PDF) - September 1, 2020
- Verbal Consent Update (PDF) - July 14, 2020
- Provider Relief Fund Fact Sheet (PDF) - July 8, 2020
- Provider Relief Fund Tip Sheet (PDF) - July 16, 2020
- COVID-19 Coding and Billing Guidance (PDF) - Updated August 17, 2021
- COVID-19 Billing Codes (PDF) - Updated May 4, 2022
- Guidance for Health Care Providers on Restarting Maine's Economy (PDF) - April 30, 2020
- Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) and COVID-19 Related Impacts (PDF) - April 17, 2020
- MaineCare Benefits Manual, Chapter I, Section 5, COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Services
- Appendix K Application (PDF) - May 20, 2020
- Appendix K Approval Letter (PDF) - May 20, 2020
- Disaster Relief State Plan Amendment Overview (PDF) - April 27, 2020
- 1135 Waiver Overview (PDF) - April 8, 2020
- 1135 Waiver Approval Notice - April 7, 2020
- 1135 Waiver Application (PDF) - April 2, 2020
- 1135 Waiver: Prior Authorization Flexibility (PDF) - Updated January 28, 2021
- Provider Enrollment Process (PDF) - May 7, 2020
- MaineCare Telehealth Codes Update (PDF) - March 25, 2021
- Telehealth Guidance for HCBS Providers - May 28, 2020
- CMS Guidance on Telehealth (PDF)
- FCC Guidance on COVID-19 Application Process (PDF) - April 17, 2020
- MaineCare Telehealth and COVID-19 Guidance (PDF) - Updated April 16, 2020
- NETRC Telehealth Implementation Toolkit – Maine Edition - April 9, 2020
- NETRC's Provider's Guide (PDF) - Updated April 9, 2020
- CMS Telehealth Video - April 3, 2020
- Telehealth Best Practices for Providers - April 2, 2020
- Telehealth Townhall for Maine Healthcare Providers - March 26, 2020
- COVID-19 Guidance for Section 97, PNMI Appendix E Providers (PDF) - November 1, 2021
- Guidance for Opioid Treatment Providers and Third Party Poxy Methadone Permission Form - May 21, 2020
- MaineCare Behavioral Health Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) - Updated May 6, 2020
- MaineCare Guidance on Section 65, Home and Community-Based (HCT) Providers (PDF) - March 31, 2020
- MaineCare Guidance on Sections 17, 28, and 65 (PDF) - March 20, 2020
Long Term Care Services and Supports
- DHHS Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) FMAP Plan webpage
- HCBS Recruitment and Retention FAQs (PDF) - Updated February 28, 2022
- Supplemental Payment FAQs for Sections 2, 67, 97 (Appendix C) (PDF) - Updated August 3, 2022
- Temporary Rate Increase Update for Congregate Care Facilities (PDF) - May 29, 2020
- Maine CDC Guidance for Long-Term Care Facilities (PDF)
- Maine CDC Letter to Long-Term Care Facilities and Assisted Housing Facilities (PDF)
- MaineCare Standing Order for COVID-19 At-Home Tests and Collection Kits (PDF) - December 10, 2021
- MaineCare Coverage of COVID-19 Testing at Pharmacies - July 17, 2020
- MaineCare Guidance for Pharmacies and Prescribers (PDF) - March 26, 2020
- MaineCare Notice to Pharmacies: Important Information for MaineCare Members (PDF) - March 17, 2020