Rights Complaint Process

The Department cannot discriminate in its programs, services, and activities based on a person's disability, race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religious or political belief, ancestry, familial or marital status, genetic information, association, previous assertion of a claim or right, or whistleblower activity.

Do you believe the Department has discriminated against you or someone you know? If so, you have the right to file a complaint with the Department's ADA/Civil Rights Coordinator. The Department will not retaliate against anyone who opposes discrimination, files a complaint, or participates in the investigation of a complaint.

Filing a Civil Rights Complaint

To file a complaint of discrimination, submit a Complaint Form (Word) to the ADA/Civil Rights Coordinator. Complaints may be submitted by email, mail, or over the phone.

ADA/Civil Rights Coordinator

For more information about the process, see The Complaint Policy (PDF).

If you have general complaints about a Department employee's conduct or job performance you should contact that employee's supervisor, the Department's Human Resources Office, or the Office of the Commissioner.