Home → Major Projects →Kingfish Maine
Kingfish Maine, Jonesport
Kingfish Maine, Inc. has obtained licenses from the Department of Environmental Protection to construct and operate a land-based recirculating aquaculture system facility growing yellowtail kingfish, Seriola lalandi, on an approximately 94-acre parcel of land located at 9 Dun Garvin Road in Jonesport, Maine.
Kingfish has obtained from the Department a Maine Minor Source Air Emission License; a Maine Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit/Waste Discharge License; a Natural Resources Protection Act (NRPA) permit; and a Site Location of Development (Site Law) license. The Board will consider the three appeals of the combined NRPA/Site Law permit at a meeting to be held in Augusta on August 4, 2022. The meeting agenda and Board packet materials are available online.
A copy of the licenses and other record materials are available below. Questions regarding the project and requests for record materials not linked below should be sent to Kingfish.DEP@maine.gov.
- Air Emissions License
- Waste Discharge License / MEPDES Permit
- June 25, 2021 MEPDES Permit
- July 22, 2021 Sierra Club Maine appeal of MEPDES permit
- August 12, 2021 Board dismissal of appeal
- Natural Resources Protection Act and Site Location of Development License (combined order)
- November 12, 2021 Site/NRPA Permit
- December 13, 2021 Appeals of Eastern Maine Conservation Initiative, Roque Island Gardner Homestead Corporation, and Sierra Club Maine (The appeals contain supplemental evidence that was not admitted by the Chair. See Chair ruling below.)
- March 9, 2022 Chair ruling on proposed supplemental evidence
- August 4, 2022 - Board Order on appeal of the Kingfish Maine Site/NRPA permit