Air Resources and Publications
- Licensing Acronyms - A list of acronyms/abbreviations that may be used in processing Air Emissions Licenses.
- NESCAUM BACT Guidance - Guidance for determining BACT from the Northeast States for Coordinated Air Use Management (NESCAUM)
- State of Maine BACT Guidance - Summary of general requirements when preparing a BACT analysis for the Maine DEP
- Changes to 38 MRSA §603-A - Guidance regarding changes to sulfur content in fuel oil
- Distillate Fuel Transition - Guidance for storage terminals and distribution facilities regarding the transition to 15 ppm distillate fuel.
- NMMPP FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about Nonmetallic Mineral Processing Plants (Rock Crushers)
- Temporary Insignificant Activities - Guidance on what equipment is eligible to be considered a temporary insignificant activity and the process for requesting approval
Guidance Specific to Engines
- Inclusion in Applications - When to include portable engines in Air Emission License applications.
- Modeling Guidance - When to exempt stationary internal combustion engines from a modeling analysis if used for maintenance, stand-by, or emergency use.
- Very Small Engines - Guidance on requirements for stationary engines smaller than licensing thresholds
Additional Compliance Resources are available on our Air Compliance webpage.
- Air Emissions Inventory Data - Maine DEP provides summaries of criteria air pollutant and greenhouse gas emissions inventories, as well as other inventory products, through its FTP site. Please view the readme.txt file for a full description of available information.
- Annual Air Monitoring Plan
- Five Year Assessment of Ambient Air Monitoring Network
- Department Reports