The 130th Maine Legislature passed LD 2019 (PL 2022 c. 673) which defines adjuvants as pesticides in statute (Title 7 Section 604). This new law requires the Board of Pesticides Control to register adjuvants, which means any wetting agent, spreading agent, sticker, deposit builder, adhesive, emulsifying agent, deflocculating agent, water modifier or similar agent that is intended to be used with any other pesticide as an aid to the application or the effect of it and that is in a package or container separate from that of the other pesticide.
When to Register
- Registrations for 2023 open on November 1, 2022
- Registrations are due annually January 1
- Registrations expire annually on December 31
- Applications must be submitted through the BPC online portal.
- Application Fee: $160 per product per year
- Refer to: Submission Requirements (PDF)
- Refer to: How to Submit an Application (PDF)
- Refer to: How to Submit an Adjuvant CSF (PDF)
- Answer three affidavits
How to Register
New Users: A login and company profile must first be created. Once the company profile is approved, the application may be submitted.