Licenses for Medical Marijuana Growers
Medical Marijuana growers that intend to control, repel or mitigate any pest (insect, mite, plant disease, weed or rodent) or use rooting hormones or other plant growth regulators must be licensed to apply any product to the crop or the growing media. Primary Caregivers or Dispensaries must have at least one owner or employee licensed who will supervise the application of any pesticide.
Getting a Pesticide License
- What is a Pesticide?
- Details on Pesticide Licensing
- Scheduled Trainings for Licensing
- Details on Medical Marijuana Licensing (DHHS)
Pesticide Info for Medical Marijuana Growers
- State of Maine Best Management Practices for Pest Prevention and Management in Maine Medical Marijuana Cultivation (PDF)
- Flow Chart for Selecting FIFRA Section 25(b) Minimum Risk Pesticides NOT PROHIBITED for Use on Medical Marijuana in Maine (PDF)
- Flow Chart for Selecting EPA Registered Pesticide Products NOT PROHIBITED for Use on Medical Marijuana in Maine (PDF)