Welcome! The Bureau of Financial Institutions supervises all state-chartered financial institutions including banks, credit unions, and non-depository trust companies. Although our building is not yet open to the public at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our team remains available to help answer your questions, handle your complaints and continue to deliver the high-quality services consumers and industry expect and deserve. Please contact us and we will assist you with your needs. Our office is open Monday though Friday with the exception of these holidays.
Bureau of Financial Institutions
- : Order approving application of BayCoast Bank to acquire additional equity in Plimoth Trust Company LLC
- : BayCoast Bank’s intent to acquire remaining equity interest in Plimoth Trust Company, LLC
- : Order approving the application of Five County Credit Union, Bath, Maine to merge with Maine Harvest Federal Credit Union, Unity, Maine.
- : Maine Financial Institutions Superintendent warns consumers of potential financial scams during the holiday season
- : Maine Financial Institutions Superintendent warns consumers of financial scams related to the anticipated direct payments from the U.S. Government under the CARES Act
- : Statement on Financial Institutions Working with Customers Affected by the Coronavirus and Regulatory Assistance
- : Superintendent LaFountain notifies financial institutions of new FAME Loan Guarantee Program for borrowers affected by COVID-19
- : Maine’s Bureau of Financial Institutions warns public about online banking update scams