Home > Search Tips
Crash Searches are broken down into two types.
- Electronic searches for crash reports that were submitted to the Maine State Police Traffic Division electronically.
- Manual searches for crash reports stored on microfilm at the Maine State Police Traffic Division.
Search for Crash Reports Electronically submitted:
- In most cases the easiest searches are performed by providing the following information:
- Date of crash and town crash occurred in, or
- Date of crash and last name
- Some agencies will supply persons involved in a crash a printed "driver's report form" at the scene. This document provides all the necessary information for searching a crash report. Not all agencies have the capability to print this document at the crash scene.
Get started with an electronic search
Manual searches for crash reports stored on microfilm
- To successfully search for a crash on microfilm the name and date of birth of an operator must be supplied.
- It is very helpful to supply the date of the crash and the town the crash occurred in.
- This information must be accurate in order to find the correct crash report requested.
Get started with a manual search request