PROCEDURE TO FILL VACANCY
The State of Maine now requires that all new hires must have a background check done with certain protocols being followed. View the memo. See below for procedure.
Procedure to Fill Vacancies
- When you need to fill a vacancy please
use the Exemption to Hiring
Freeze Request Form below. This must be filled out and sent to your Commissioners Office for approval and they will send back
to NRSC and the hiring supervisor..
Dept. of Conservation Seasonal Vacancies please follow this link "Procedures to Fill DOC Seasonal Vacancies"
- Discuss the posting with Noreen Hart (624-6396).
- Procedure after Posting has closed for Direct Hire Procedure for Application Review and Hiring. For Open Competitive vacancies you will receive a list of names to interview instead of applications - Procedures for Application Review and Pre-hiring.
- After interviewing applicants and you have made your selection please use this procedure - Supervisor Responsibility for New Hire Selections – Instructions - Post interviews
Please use the attached forms for when you are filling vacancies.
The files below are posted in Adobe Acrobat Reader and Microsoft Word. Adobe Reader files require the free Adobe Reader software. Microsoft Word files require either Microsoft Word or the free Word Viewer software.
Filling Vacancy forms and procedures
- Hiring Justification Form - (word)
- Veteran Interview Checklist - (word)
- Guideline - Procedure for application review and Hiring - (word)
- OSER Bulletin 49 - The Armstrong Memo - Must Read
- Guideline - Supervisor Responsibility for New Hire Selections – Instructions - Post Interviews
- Background Policy - Implementation of HR Memorandum 8-06 - (word) (Implementation of Human Resource Components of Security Protocols)
Forms Needed Pre and Post Interviews and Selection
- Non-Select for Interview Letter - (word) - Sample letter for non selections for interviews. You must print this on your Dept. Letterhead and must be sent to all non-selections prior to interviews.
- Non-select for interviews Veterans or Goldstar applicants - (word) - Sample letter for non-selections for interviews for Veterans or Goldstar applicants.
- Non-Select After Interview Letter - (word) - Sample letter for candidates not selected after the interviews. This must be printed on Dept. Letterhead.
- Non-select after interview Veterans or Goldstar - (word) - Sample letter for candidates not selected after interviews that are Veterans or Goldstar.
- Background Reference Checklist - (word) - This checklist must be completed for the business reference check on the selected Candidate. The top portion is mandatory and bottom section is requested through reference as optional.
- Selectee Hiring Justification Form Example - (word) - Once a selection has been made the hiring official will complete this form and submit it to their HR Manager for review and approval prior to making any job offer
- Conditional Job Offer Letter - (word) - This letter must be sent as an official "Conditional Job Offer". This must be printed on Dept. Letterhead.
- Confidentiality Statement - (word) - This Confidentiality Statement must by signed by the Supervisor and Candidate and must be returned to HR.
- Social Security Form SSA-1945 - (pdf) - Statement Concerning Your Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security.
Supervisors, please use this link after you have hired someone to help with acclimating them to the new job.
- New Employee Integration - (pdf) - Hiring Manager reference to bringing on new employees.
September 21, 2021 12:29 PM