Youth Violence Prevention
MIPP promotes youth violence prevention primarily through funding to two University programs:
- University of Southern Maine, Maine Law and Civics Education Program
- University of Maine, Peace Studies Program
Youth violence prevention activities are specifically targeted to schools conducting conflict management, peer mediation, and bullying prevention programs.
Program Goals are:
- To support the provision of training, technical assistance and resources in conflict management, peer mediation, and bullying prevention to Maine school staff and students
- To support a statewide association of youth peer mediators,
- To collaborate and coordinate with other state and local agencies in youth violence prevention activities.