Some of the files below are posted in MS Word and PDF formats. If you have problems opening them, please contact Ruth Ann Burke.
Board of Environmental Protection (BEP)
Information regarding the application process, public participation in the licensing process, public hearings and appeals of licensing decisions.
- Guidance on Request for Board Jurisdiction (April 2019)
- Guidance on Participation in a Board Licensing Hearing (March 2019)
- DEP Information Sheet / Public Participation in the Licensing Process (April 2018)
- DEP Information Sheet / Appealing a Department Licensing Decision (November 2018)
- Chapter 2, Rules Concerning the Processing of Applications and Other Administrative Matters (MS Word, from Secretary of State website)
- Chapter 3, Rules Concerning the Conduct of Licensing Hearings (MS Word, from Secretary of State website)
Information regarding existing environmental rules, proposed rules, and guidance on public participation in rulemaking process.
- Rulemaking by the Board (March 2013)
- Guidance on Public Comment at Time of Rule Adoption (March 2013)
- DEP Rulemaking Web Page -- Information on current rulemaking initiatives
- Petition for adoption or modification of a rule -- Link to 5 M.R.S.A. Chapter 375 Section 8055
- Secretary of State / Rules by Department / 06 Environmental Protection -- Link opens directly to the DEP's rules organized by chapter number.
- Subscription service. Contact Mike Karagiannes, at (207-287-7024).