For Teachers & Parents
- Maine Civics: The Path to Maine Lawmaking
Information and links about how laws are made in Maine, including an animated movie, student activities, and lesson plans for teachers.
- Maine 9-1-1
A cast of cartoon characters teaches kids when and how to call 9-1-1 through a series of interactive, animated games and activities. Includes sample curriculum for teachers, and printable coloring book for classroom use.
- Maine Agricultural Education
- Bureau of Land and Water - Teacher Resources
Aquatic wildlife identification, water quality, t-shirt printing, Adopt-a-Watershed curriculum, available videos, brochures, and charts for the classroom.
- Bureau of Highway Safety - Teacher Resources
Links to site that teach safe driving, staying safe as a pedestrian, school bus safety, and seat belt use.
- Recycling Resources for Teachers
Teacher resources for a waste management and recycling curriculum.
- Project Wild
Workshops are offered to teachers and other educators interested in integrating wildlife and conservation education into their daily lesson plans. (Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife)
- Explore Wild New England
Online magazine for kids about wildlife and habitat.
Maine State Library
Top Online Services
- Ask a Maine Reference Librarian
- Ask a Law or Legislative Reference Librarian
- Library Catalog Search (URSUS) - Maine Libraries
- Public Libraries Search
- Maine.gov Media Gallery