Hours & Directions
Maine Cultural building with Library, Museum and Archives
- Monday - Friday : 9 am - 5 pm
- Closed on all holidays observed by the State of Maine.
Call us at (207)287-5600 for service during business hours.
The Maine State Library is temporarily located at 242 State Street, Augusta while the Maine Cultural Building undergoes renovations.
- Physical Address: 242 State Street, Augusta, ME 04333-0064
- Mailing Address: 64 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0064
From the South
- From I-95, take Exit 109 (first Augusta exit).
- Bear right toward downtown Augusta, merging onto US Route 202-East (Western Avenue).
- At the 4th traffic signal (about ½ mile) turn right onto Armory Street (following dark blue and white sign for "State Offices West").
- At the second traffic signal, turn right onto State Street.
- 242 State Street is located just past the State House Complex in a red brick building on the right side of the road.
From the North
- From I-95, take Exit 109A (the third Augusta interchange).
- Follow steps 2-6 of "From the South".