Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

Home > Motor Carrier Service

Motor Carrier Services

Online Over Size/Over Weight Permits | Online IRP| Online UCR | Online IFTA E-file

Motor Carrier Services is the motor carrier one stop location for the State of Maine. This office is responsible for the International Registration Plan; Fuel Tax Licensing and Reporting including the International Fuel Tax Agreement; Intrastate Operating Authority and Unified Carrier Registration; and the issuance of Overlimit Permits including Multistate Overlimit Permits for the Northeast Consortium. This office is also responsible for certain Motor Carrier Safety Programs.

This office maintains bilateral registration reciprocal agreements with other states and provinces, and advises truckers on Maine truck size and weight requirements.  For more information about our programs, please select a topic below. 

Information on Posted Roads (This link will take you to the MDOT information page)

Maine Motor Carrier Manual

Operating Authority

Telephone/Fax Numbers/Other Web Sites

Unified Carrier Registration Program (UCR)

Size and Weight Limits

USDOT Number

International Registration Plan (IRP)

Petroleum, Waste Oil, and Solid Waste Carriers

IRP Changes for Full Reciprocity

Commercial Vehicle Safety Inspection

Overlimit Permits

Fuel Tax Licensing and Reporting

Canadian Weight Limit Permits

53 Foot Trailer Permits

Motor Carrier Review Board  Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax
Freight Transportation, MDOT Running a Bus Service in the State of Maine

State of Maine Commercial Vehicle Laws and Regulations Running a Taxi or Limousine Service in the State of Maine
Commonly Asked Questions Regarding Registration and Operation of Farm Vehicles  

If you do not find what your looking for, please contact us at our main office in Augusta.

Questions or comments can be sent to Motor Carrier Services at: