Board of Respiratory Care Practitioners - Frequently Asked Questions

I am currently a Technician and now have my RRT credential from NBRC.  How do I obtain my Therapist License in Maine?
You will need to complete a new application to obtain the Therapist credential and you will be required to pay all of the fees.  You also need to contact the NBRC and request a credential letter be sent to this office indicating successful completion of the RRT examination.  Please note the change from Technician to Therapist can not be done with submission of your license renewal application.

If I apply for a Maine license by endorsement do I need to obtain verification from every state that I have ever held a license in?
Yes, the Maine Board of Respiratory Care Practitioners requires that a verification of every license be submitted with the application, even if that license is not currently active. (Online verifications are acceptable)

Can I work with the NBRC credential in the State of Maine prior to my license being active?
No, Maine Law requires you to hold an active license with the Board of Respiratory Care Practitioners to provide services.

If I had a license in the State of Maine, do I need to obtain a verification of that license?
No, we would have all your information on file.

Will the NBRC send the Credential Letter to me?
The NBRC will forward your Credential letter to this office and we are aware of this and allow for this to arrive separately from your application.