Adjuster, Producer & Business Entity Information
The Bureau of Insurance posts the following forms and information to
help individuals and business entities to become licensed in Maine. Licensed individuals and business entities can also find forms and
information required to keep their license current. Consumers can find whether an individual or business entity is licensed
to sell insurance in Maine.
"Minimum Value” (MV) Information and Notices Employers are Required to Provide to Employees Regarding Their Health Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act
Letter Re: Producer Compensation (Dec. 16, 2010)
Bureau of Insurance Bulletin 212 (July 12, 1993)
Top 10 Compliance Tips for Insurance Producers
Life Settlement Items
Licensing and Registration
- Find a licensee
All licensed individuals and companies can be looked up by name, license
or ID number.
- Forms and information
- Renew Licenses Online
- Print Your License - *Maine does not currently allow individuals or business entities to print a copy of their license. We will mail a hard copy to the business mailing address within two weeks of licensure. The ability to print your own license will be a future enhancement.
Update Licensee Information or Request License Termination
Education and Exams
Fees and Credit Card Payment Form
- Fee schedule (Fees owed to the bureau may be paid
by credit card. See next bullet.)
- Credit Card Payment Form - (DOC or PDF)
- Individual & Business Entities (Agency) Renewal Dates and Fees
(DOC or PDF)
Appointment and Termination Procedures
Company/Business Entity Lists
- Click on “Licensee Search” to produce a list of Maine licensed company types such as Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Medical Utilization Review Entities, Pharmacy Benefits Managers, Preferred Provider Organizations, Viatical and Life Settlement Providers, and Workers' Compensation Self Insurers.