Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

Forms & Information

The Bureau of Insurance makes available forms and information to help companies become licensed in Maine and to help already licensed companies to keep their license current. In addition, forms and instructions are provided below for annual reports due to the bureau.

On this page: Captives | Port of Entry | Certificate of Authority | Reinsurer of Work Comp | Company Reporting Requirements | Status Change Forms | Credit for Reinsurance | Surplus Lines Company

Get the Adobe Acrobat Reader to access PDF files.

Company Reporting Requirements

Status Change Forms - Name Change, Merger, Redomestication, Etc.

Captive Insurance Companies

Certificate of Authority

Credit for Reinsurance - Rule 740

A list of Maine cedants is required, along with a certified copy of the current year annual statement.

Port of Entry

An alien insurer that has been authorized by the superintendent to use the State as its port of entry for the transaction of business in the United States is considered a domestic insurer to the extent provided in the statute. A rule has also been established that provides additional information.

Reinsurer of Workers' Compensation Self-Insurance - Rule 730

Surplus Lines Company Eligibility


Last Updated: December 2, 2014