Homeowners Insurance Basics
Do you own a home in Maine?
- If you have a mortgage, your lender may require homeowners insurance. Even if you don't have a mortgage, you should protect your home with homeowners insurance.
Do you need additional coverage?
- Consider coverage for certain perils not included in your policy, such as flood or earthquake.
- Consider whether you need to increase your coverage limit.
Do you have a home business?
- You may need home business insurance or day care liability insurance.
Do you rent?
- Renters insurance is inexpensive, and protects your personal property as well as damage for which you are liable.
Contact us before you buy, with any questions you may have, or call us to discuss a complaint or request a hearing at: (207)-624-8475 or (800) 300-5000; at Maine Relay 711 (for the hard of hearing); or at Insurance.PFR@maine.gov.
Find more resources at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners INSURE U