Register for the Voluntary Public Librarian Certification Program
This program utilizes content from a variety of web-based platforms including Niche Academy, WebJunction, Skillsoft/Percipio and various state library agency sites. When you register, MSL will create your Niche Academy account and a Skillsoft/Percipio account when appropriate. The other sites will require you to register directly. Make sure you record all your login and password information for each platform. We recognize that this might be awkward, but all these resources, except Skillsoft/Percipio, are free. This program is available at no cost to you, the learner.
Please complete the form to register for the program so that we know to create an account for you.
For the Certification Level, please enter Basic, Intermediate or Advance. Register for the:
- Basic level if you have no formal librarian education.
- Intermediate level if you hold the UMA certificate
- Advanced level if you hold the UMA Associates degree - you will need to complete 16 electives for the certificate
- Advanced level if you hold UMA BA degree - you will need to complete 8 electives for the certificate
- Advanced level if you hold an MLIS or MLS
If you just want to take courses, leave the Level field blank. MSL will create a Niche account for you but will not assign any courses.