The American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP ESSER) Fund, authorized under the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021, provides over $411 million to Maine to support schools in safely reopening and sustaining safe operations while meeting the academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs of students resulting from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. It is particularly important that ARP ESSER funding will enable school administrative units (SAUs), and more directly schools, to support students who have been most severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and are likely to have suffered the most because of longstanding inequities in our communities and schools that have been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
School Operating Status
It is essential to have data on how students are learning in order to support the goals of access and equity, especially for student groups that have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
As required by the US DOE, Maine asked each SAU to report the instructional model(s) being offered, attendance and enrollment data for only APRIL 1, 2021.
- Mode of instruction: The number of schools in the district offering fully remote or online-only instruction; both remote/online and in-person instruction (hybrid model); and/or fulltime in-person instruction;
- Enrollment: Student enrollment for all students and disaggregated for each designated student group for each mode of instruction; and
- Attendance: Student attendance for all students and disaggregated for each designated student group for each mode of instruction.
Note: Not all districts completed the survey.
Federal Relief (Home) How to use the Tableau Toolbar How to Export Dashboard Data
- ESSA Dashboard for Schools, Districts, and Statewide Data
- Assessments Dashboard
- English Learner Data Dashboard
- Data Warehouse
Integrity of Data Disseminated in an Electronic Medium
Disclaimer: Data Limitations
The Maine Department of Education (MDOE) has made a reasonable effort to ensure that the information in these dashboards are up-to-date, accurate, complete, and comprehensive at the time of disclosure. These records are a true and accurate representation of the data on file at the MDOE. Authenticated information is accurate only as of the time of validation and verification. The MDOE is not responsible for data that is misinterpreted or altered in any way. Derived conclusions and analyses generated from this data are not to be considered attributable to the MDOE.
MDOE Data Privacy Information