Maine State Aquarium Visitor Information
There are always new reasons to visit the Maine State Aquarium — from new animals and displays, to our interactive educational programs — you’re guaranteed to discover something new each time. Select one of these links, or scroll down the page.
- Open 7 days/week, 10 am – 5 pm
- Closed Labor Day (September 2), and every Monday and Tuesday in September
- Closed for the season beginning September 30, 2019
- Adults (age 13 to 65) — $7.00
- Seniors (age 65 and up) — $5.00
- Youth (age 3-12 with adult family member) — $3.00
- Children (age 2 and under, with adult family member) — FREE
- Seasonal Membership (Individual) — $35.00
- Seasonal Membership (Family) — $75.00
- School groups and other groups — details and reservation info here
- Birthday Party — contact us for information, availability, and pricing.
- We are located at 194 McKown Point Road, West Boothbay Harbor, Maine 04575.
- Directions to Aquarium and other Department of Marine Resources offices
- A Mapquest map and directions to the aquarium
- A Google Map and directions to the aquarium
Some helpful hints for planning your visit to the aquarium:
- Arrive early (10 AM) or later in the day (3 PM)
- Participate in our daily programs, presentations, fishing opportunities, & tours
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the spectacular views of Boothbay Harbor.
- Food concessions are not available — only snacks and drinks can be purchased on site.
- A gift shop offers toys, books, games, puzzles, clothing, and more.
- There are restrooms for your convenience.
- Dress for comfort — cold water flows through our tanks & cool breezes flow in from outside.
- Children may get wet at our touch tanks, so bring a dry change of clothes.
- The weather in Maine can be unpredictable. The Aquarium and Discovery Center are indoors, but we also offer several optional outdoor activities, so it is best to be prepared. Weather report and forecasts for W. Boothbay Harbor
- Visit the Boothbay Region Chamber of Commerce for more information about the area.
Daily events include: talks on lobsters and other animals, sport-fishing at the dock (instructions and tackle provided), and The Aquatic Jet Set in the Discovery Center.
Throughout the week we offer an interactive behind-the-scenes tour, “Scenes from our Past and Smells from the Present”, along with scheduled public feedings and additional programming. Please call our front desk, (207.633.9406), the day of your visit, for an event schedule.
- The aquarium (during open hours, 10am–5pm daily): (207) 633-9559
- DMR reception area: (207) 633-9500 8am–4:30pm M–F
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Marine Education and Group Reservations Office: (207) 633-9542, or visit our Field Trips and Group Reservations page
- Volunteer Hotline: (207) 633-9674
- Review us on tripadvisor
- Visit us on acebook or
Instagram and tag us in your memories at #MSAohsnap