ME DEP seeks Proposals for Final Round of Wetland Restoration Grants
May 15, 2017
(AUGUSTA) — The Department of Environmental Protection is inviting proposals for wetland restoration, enhancement, and creation projects to include provisions for climate change, flood protection, resiliency and to improve wildlife habitat.
Beginning May 15, 2017, eligible recipients may apply for grant monies for wetland projects. Applicants must describe how the proposed project meets the following criteria:
- Provides restoration of impacted wetlands, enhancement of existing wetlands, or creation of wetland from upland
- Provides habitat for wildlife species, including birds, fish and amphibians
- Provides water quality benefits
- Demonstrates the technical expertise to implement the wetland restoration project
- Demonstrates the capacity to maintain and protect the wetland in the future
A copy of the RFP, as well as the Question & Answer Summary and all amendments related to this RFP, can be obtained at the following website: http://www.maine.gov/purchases/venbid/rfp.shtml Proposals are due June 29, 2017 by 4 pm. For more information, please visit Maine DEP’s website or contact Bill Longfellow at firstname.lastname@example.org.