Sale of Development Rights

If you seek to sell development rights and protect your farmland with an Agricultural Conservation Easement, you must find a land trust or town to work with you and to hold the conservation easement.

The Bureau of Agriculture, Food and Rural Resources is responsible for sponsoring all eligible farmland protection projects to the Land for Maine’s Future Program.

The Bureau also works to assist projects with securing funds through the federal Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program.

For more information, please contact Alex Redfield at (207) 592-0640 or